Presenters Needed for November Education Boot Camp
The theme for the November 11th boot camp will be changed to Personal Branding for Writers. The topics for this workshop should benefit writers in all genres. While all proposals will be considered, it would be great to have hands-on presentations for this education session.
Vision for Boot Camp
Four people will present one-hour presentations on personal branding from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm at Columbia College, 600 S. Michigan. This includes an hour lunch and an hour of networking. However, if we only have two presenters, we will have a regularly-scheduled workshop from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Call for Presenters
- Complete a presenter proposal from September 18 to September 29, 2017. Be sure to include a link to a video clip of you presenting. Submissions with no video clips will not be reviewed.
- The video does not have to be professionally recorded. We are looking at your presentation and engagement abilities. You can record a two- to five-minute clip of yourself teaching with your mobile device, Facebook Live, Periscope or other programs and apps, and send a link instead of actual video files.
- Your presentation should mirror the topic in your proposal.
- Presenters are paid a $100 honorarium. Travel expenses are not covered.
- Presenters must be current members of Chicago Writers Association.
- Presenters are evaluated and selected by a committee.
- Here’s a link to more details about the workshop.
Selected presenters will be notified by October 6th.
Feel free to contact Marcie Hill, Education Program Coordinator, at email@example.com with questions, suggestions or comments.
Agents and Publishers
Write City Magazine
Write City Review
Windy City Reviews
Book of the Year
First Chapter Contest
Chicago Writers Association
Make a Difference!