- A personal user-friendly webpage on CWA’s official website to promote your writings and happenings.
- Access to CWA’s official e-group where members share publishing, writing, and marketing information.
- Opportunity to participate in CWA author reading and book signing events and industry expo booths, including the Chicago Tribune Printers Row Book Fair.
- Chicago Tribune Printers Row Book Fair and our own Let’s Just Write! An Uncommon Writers Conference.
- Opportunity to participate in our Speakers Bureau.
- Opportunity to participate in our book review service, Windy City Reviews.
- Opportunity to enter your book in our Books of the Year Contest.
- Opportunity to enter our members-only writing contests.
- Opportunity to be published in our Write City e-zine and Windy City Writers blog
- Interaction with other writers.
- Leadership and networking opportunities.
Join Chicago Writers Association
CWA membership costs $25 annually. To join CWA, click the button below to get started (you will be taken to Paypal to start the registration process).
- We currently accept two forms of payment: 1) Paypal, which will automatically set you up with a hassle-free auto-recurring payment for your renewal, and 2) check, made payable to Chicago Writers Association and sent to this address: Chicago Writers Association, P.O. Box 6505, Evanston, IL 60204. Please provide an email address so that we can contact you. We are unable to accept money orders.
- Upon completion of the PayPal membership process, you will be returned to the CWA site to register for a CWA online profile. If you joined by mail, you will be contacted by email and provided a link to create your online profile.
Book of the Year
First Chapter Contest
Chicago Writers Association
Make a Difference!