CWA Educational Programs & Events for 2017
Members expressed a high level of interest in educational workshops and in-person networking events. Thus, quarterly events were planned to address some of the subjects members want to learn more about. Following are details about CWA educational/networking events.
Workshops are held from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at Columbia College, 600 S. Michigan. Session locations may vary. Boot camps are held longer. Two hours are dedicated to education and one hour for networking.
- Workshops are presented by CWA members or staff from the Creative Writing Department of Columbia College.
- There is a presenter proposal submission and selection process. Presenters and presentations are evaluated by a committee of volunteers.
- A video clip of presenters is required. The video does not have to be professionally recorded. We are looking at your presentation and engagement abilities. You can record a two- to five-minute clip of yourself teaching with your mobile device, Facebook Live, Periscope or other programs and apps, and send us a link.
- Presenters are paid an honorarium. Travel expenses are not covered.
- Workshop styles may range from an interactive presentation to skill-building training.
- Proposals will be evaluated on a well-defined topic with focused objectives and presenter credibility and experience to engage the audience and deliver an outstanding and informative workshop.
- Presentations will be 60 minutes in duration with time allocated to 90% presentation, 10% Q&A.
Committee Members Needed
We need members who are willing to share their experiences, ideas and commitment to planning, organizing and managing events to volunteer to help with the following duties.
- Review speaker proposals and select speakers
- Video record events
- Photograph events
- Distribute and collect materials
- Clean up after events
- Other needs that arise
Contact Marcie Hill, Education Program Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions or to volunteer to help.
Agents and Publishers
Write City Magazine
Write City Review
Windy City Reviews
Book of the Year
First Chapter Contest
Chicago Writers Association
Make a Difference!