Educational Program: The Nuts and Bolts of Getting Published, April 20, 2019
Congratulations! You’ve finished writing your book. Now what?
- Do you try and find a literary agent?
- Where can you submit your manuscript to publishers “over the transom”?
- How do you research agents or publishers that are a good match for your book?
- What are the pros and cons of self-publishing vs. having a “boutique” publisher or mid-sized publisher vs. landing one of the “big five” trade book publishers?
- These questions and many more will be answered by our author panelists to help writers develop successful strategies for getting published.
- Andy Boyles, author of Adulthood for Beginners: All The Life Secrets Nobody Bothered To Tell You, will share his experiences about being published by a "big five" trade book publisher
- Renee James, author of of three mystery/thriller novels: Coming Out Can Be Murder, A Kind of Justice and Seven Suspects, will discuss being published by a mid-sized publisher
- Toneal Jackson, Author of more than 10 books across several genres and founder of Artists Promoting Success will discuss the highs and lows of self-publishing
Christina Rodriquez, poet, blogger, entrepreneur and CWA board member
Write City Magazine
Write City Review
Windy City Reviews
Book of the Year
First Chapter Contest
Chicago Writers Association
Make a Difference!