Members expressed a high level of interest in educational workshops and in-person networking events. Thus, quarterly events were planned to address some of the subjects members want to learn more about. Following are details about CWA educational/networking events.
Workshops are held from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at Columbia College, 600 S. Michigan. Session locations may vary. Boot camps are held longer. Two hours are dedicated to education and one hour for networking.
- Workshops are presented by CWA members or staff from the Creative Writing Department of Columbia College.
- There is a presenter proposal submission and selection process. Presenters and presentations are evaluated by a committee of volunteers.
- A video clip of presenters is required. The video does not have to be professionally recorded. We are looking at your presentation and engagement abilities. You can record a two- to five-minute clip of yourself teaching with your mobile device, Facebook Live, Periscope or other programs and apps, and send us a link.
- Presenters are paid an honorarium. Travel expenses are not covered.
- Workshop styles may range from an interactive presentation to skill-building training.
- Proposals will be evaluated on a well-defined topic with focused objectives and presenter credibility and experience to engage the audience and deliver an outstanding and informative workshop.
- Presentations will be 60 minutes in duration with time allocated to 90% presentation, 10% Q&A.
Committee Members Needed
We need members who are willing to share their experiences, ideas and commitment to planning, organizing and managing events to volunteer to help with the following duties.
- Review speaker proposals and select speakers
- Video record events
- Photograph events
- Distribute and collect materials
- Clean up after events
- Other needs that arise
Contact Marcie Hill, Education Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to volunteer to help.