March is Women’s History Month. A time to embrace, honor and trumpet the collective contributions of women worldwide.
From the arts scene, to politics, to business, to fashion–women are trail blazers, innovators and trendsetters.
Women’s History Month initially began as a week long celebration in 1978, in California.
And has been recognized annually since 1987.
In an effort to support, elevate and give “divas” their due, here are a few ways to celebrate Women’s History Month.
- Feature a fierce female blogger (or several) in a post at your site. Highlight their accomplishments; share their future projects; be their cheerleader.
- Write a letter of appreciation to a female who has impressed or influenced you greatly. This could be your mom, your wife, or a former teacher.
- Patronize female-owned businesses for the month of March.
- Purchase a book and post a review on Amazon.com of a female author.
- Donate or volunteer on behalf of organizations that advocate for women. How about a battered shelter? Or women at risk? Or Breast Cancer Awareness programs?
- Attend a local book signing of a female author in your area.
These are just a few ways to make the most of this month, and to make a difference.
Just think pink.
Image credit: Freedigitalphotos.net